Insufficient intensity of light
In order to improve the intensity of light, various steps are being taken by Chennai Corporation.
1.The short posts and uneven span of street lamp posts are being replaced by new street light.
2.The old deteriorated cables which are causing voltage problem are replaced by new cable.
3.The main problem of insufficient intensity of lights is due to branches of trees which are affecting the illumination on the roads. In such cases, pruning of trees are done, while attending the non-burning of lights by using cutters.
4.The aged fitting which affects the illumination are replaced with new fitting
- 375 Numbers of High Masts and 133 Numbers of 8 meter and 12 meter Lamp Post with Cluster lights are installed and maintained in the important road junction.
- Total No of Street Lights --------- 2,48,467
- 13787 Number of lights installed and maintained in the park and play fields
- Area Covered ---------- 426 Sq.Kms
- Under Ground Cables are laid and being maintained in all the roads for street lights as a safety measure and it will minimize the faults when compared to over head lines.
- Laying of underground cable will avoid any untoward accident during monsoon period
- 58 Numbers of ladder Vehicles are being used for maintenance of street lights.